Sunday, June 16, 2019

SUBSCRIBE ONLINE - CLICK HERE!    
 
SPORTS HEADLINES

 See this weeks print edition  

for these stories:

  • Area Bowling Results
 

 

SPORTS GUIDE
...
 
SPORTS SITES
 

 
 

 

News Article
Return to Previous Page

SWAT on Scene in Pennsburg; UPSD Schools on Lock Down
Written by Kelly Chandler, Staff Writer
2014-12-16

Updated Dec. 15, 9:30 p.m.

Authorities reportedly evacuated 4th Street homes       

Click here to see the Montgomery County District Attorney's wanted information and a photo of the suspect Bradley W. Stone

 http://www.montcopa.org/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/2109

           

            SWAT personnel from the North Penn Tactical Response Team, in addition to Upper Perk Police and PA State Police, are on scene in the first block of 4th Street in Pennsburg responding to an incident which is reportedly connected to six fatal shootings in the county.

            Authorities appear to be focusing on a location at 37 4th Street.  Around 1:45 p.m., flash bang grenades could be heard going off in the area.  Authorities were believed to be checking out a garage at the scene as well.

            Heavily armed law enforcement personnel could be seen at the home as well as in between buildings on the block and along Long Alley and Dotts Street.

            Shortly before 2 p.m., authorities closed down Main Street and Route 663 in both directions near the scene.      

            Upper Perk schools are on "lockout" as of approximately 10:30 this morning, said Acting Superintendent Timothy Kirby.  Kirby said a notice is being posted on the district's website, www.upsd.org, stating that no one will be allowed in or out of district schools until the district is notified otherwise by law enforcement.

            "We are not allowing anyone in or out of the schools at this time," Kirby said.  "We are changing classes inside, but meetings with teachers have been cancelled and anyone inside is not being permitted to leave."   

            Kirby said AM kindergarten students are being dismissed at 1:25 p.m., as of 11:30 a.m., and PM kindergarten is cancelled for Monday. 

Perkiomen School administrators said that school is on lockdown.  Calls to Carol Dougherty, associate headmaster, were unanswered.  

Several area businesses also chose to close their doors with police activity throughout the area.    

            Linda Heil, who lives at 46 4th Street in Pennsburg, said her dogs started barking at activity outside early around 8:30 this morning.

            Her son, Roger, who is visiting from Missouri, attempted to see what was going on outside and was told by law enforcement to "get back inside," she said.  She said armed SWAT personnel are staged outside her home.

            "This is a little but more excitement than I expected or wanted," she said of her morning.         

            Randy Loose, of 31 4th Street, said SWAT personnel evacuated him behind shields from his home around 11 a.m. Loose said he had spoken to the resident of 37 4th Street, who he described as a veteran on disability, recently.  He said the man recently remarried and he believed he had a toddler daughter.  He said he couldn't identify him by name, but believed he had two daughters from a previous marriage.

            Loose, who was evacuated along with his neighbor, Patrick Carlino of 29 4th Street and others, were taken to the Pennsburg Firehouse temporarily.

            "I just hope nothing happened to his wife and child," Loose said. 

            "Yeah, no matter if I have to stay here for 10 hours; as long as they make sure everything's safe," noted Carlino.     

            According to Action News, five people have been found dead so far in the shooting spree that started in Lower Salford and then preceded to Lansdale and Souderton.

            Action News states the first shooting was reported at 3:55 a.m. in the 100 block of Main Street in Lower Salford. Police arrived to find a woman shot to death.  Police said four more victims were found dead at scenes in Souderton and Lansdale.

          All the victims were reportedly shot a close range.

          Authorities said that two children who were reportedly taken from Lower Salford have been found safe.

          The suspect has been identified as Bradley William Stone, a 35-year-old Pennsburg resident.  He is now suspected in the deaths of six people and seriously wounding of another.  He is described as 5' 10", 195 pounds with a red/auburn beard and mustache with closely cropped hair.  He is known to use a cane or walker to assist him.  He may be wearing military fatigues in either sand or green color.

          Stone should be considered armed and dangerous.  Anyone with information about Stone's whereabouts is asked to call 9-1-1 immediatly.

          According to a press release issued by Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Ferman, people living in the area of 37 Fourth Street in Pennsburg should remain in-doors and keep their doors locked.

          The Town and Country will update this story as the incident unfolds. 


 

 

 

 

SPORTS PREVIEW
...
 
JOIN THE BUSINESS DIRECTORY
Join our Business Directory today and get the introductory rate for a full year.
Click Here.

 

 
 
SITE MAP   ADVERTISE WITH US!   LOCATIONS SERVED
Home Editorial
News Photos
Sports Business Directory
Obituaries Classified Ads
Calendar Contact Us
  Advertise with the Town & Country... It's the weekly paper that people read, not just look at!  Click here to learn more or sign up.   Serving the municipalities of Bally, East Greenville, Green Lane, Hereford, Lower Salford, Marlborough, Milford, New Hanover, Pennsburg, Red Hill, Trumbauersville, Upper Hanover, Upper Salford
The Town & Country is now available at 64 locations throughout the region! Pick up your copy at any of the locations here, or better yet, have it delivered directly to your mailbox!  Click here to subscribe.



Local News for Local Readers since 1899.
© Copyright 2009 and Terms of Use
Site Design by Bergey Creative Group